Climate Change is causing effects that are global in scope and unprecedented in scale such as loss of sea ice, accelerated sea level rise and shifting weather patterns. The Fifth Assessment Report of the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) found that, without immediate action, climate change will have repercussions that transcend generations.
At OCA Global we have a long track record in the delivery of climate change services based on international best practices at a national, regional and local level for public and private organisations. During the last years, OCA Global has worked on an array of sectors in order to mitigate GHG emissions and increase resilience across infrastructures, societies and organisations: agriculture, fisheries, forestry, renewable energy, energy efficiency, waste management, urban development coastal zone management, sustainable transport and tourism among many others.
The main areas of expertise of our Climate Change practice are:
The ultimate objective of mitigation strategies is to reduce the release of greenhouse gas emissions causing our planet’s warming.
- Design and implementation of Climate Mitigation strategies at sectorial, regional and national levels
- Update of National Determined Contributions (NDC) and preparation of implementation plans
- Climate governance and institutional frameworks
- GHG Emissions Inventory and Abatement
- Transition Roadmaps to Low Carbon Economy and Technologies
- Carbon Footprint and Life Cycle Analysis
Climate adaptation entails both reduce vulnerability to the effects of climate change and taking advantage of opportunities associated with climate change.
- Development of strategies and action plans for climate change adaptation
- Climate Risk and Vulnerability assessment and Disaster Management Plans
- Climate Modelling
- Resilient Cities pilot projects design
We assist in identifying and designing climate finance strategies, implementation plans and options for national policy initiatives, infrastructures and projects, taking into account national, international and multilateral financing institutions funds and facilities as well as carbon market mechanisms.
- Assessment of climate finance needs
- Tracking Climate Finance
- Institutional Design of Climate Finance
Inclusive stakeholder participation and capacity enhancement are necessary to guarantee that projects are owned and replicable by the final beneficiaries.
- Design and implementation of participation mechanisms
- Stakeholder mapping and engagement strategies
- Design and implementation of presential and virtual workshops and conferences for brainstorming, consultation and validation purposes.
- Institutional Needs Assessment and design and implementation of capacity building programmes
Please contact the Consulting and Technical Advisory Division team directly at email@example.com for any query.